Roundup Issue Tracker
Roundup is a simple-to-use and -install issue-tracking system with command-line, web and e-mail interfaces. It is based on the winning design from Ka-Ping Yee in the Software Carpentry “Track” design competition.
The current stable version of Roundup is 1.5.x which has quite a comprehensive feature set. For more information see the design overview, and all the other documentation. Roundup has been deployed for:
- bug tracking and TODO list management (the classic installation)
- customer help desk support (with a wizard for the phone answerers, linking to networking, system and development issue trackers)
- issue management for IETF working groups
- sales lead tracking
- conference paper submission and double-blind referee management
- weblogging (well, almost :)
...and so on. It’s been designed with flexibility in mind - it’s not just another bug tracker. Roundup ships with a demo tracker to play with - after you’ve unpacked the source, just run “python demo.py” and load up the URL it prints out!
Roundup was originally released as version 0.1.1 in late August, 2001. The first change note I wrote says:
Needed a bug tracking system. Looked around. Tried to install many Perl-based systems, to no avail. Got tired of waiting for Roundup to be released. Had just finished major product project, so needed something different for a while. Roundup here I come...